Wednesday, August 25, 2010

OfficeMax Rebate

So in my search for a new printer, I began looking at all the office supply stores and comparing prices. I narrowed down my choice and loved the sale that OfficeMax was offering. So when I was done researching and had decided on OfficeMax, I logged into my Mr. Rebates account and began my shopping trip from there.

Several items helped me choose OfficeMax. First, the OfficeMax Mr. Rebates Cash Back offer is usally 2% but was raised to 3% for back-to-school shopping. I also had $80 in MaxPerks (which are store dollars they reward for certain purchases). The printer I chose was on sale for $100 off at OfficeMax plus they were offering $50 MaxPerks. They offer free shipping with a $50 order so that was taken care of. I also had a coupon sent to MaxPerks members for $30 off a purchase of $100 or more. Finally, I added in some pens and highlighters that will reward 100% in MaxPerks.

Thursday I received the confirmation from Mr. Rebates of my cash back reward for this purchase.


So here's how my transaction ended up:

The original printer cost:    $299.99
                       On Sale:   -$100.00
      MaxPerks Coupon:     -$30.00
       MaxPerks Applied:    -$80.00
    MaxPerks awarded:      -$76.94
Mr. Rebates Cash Back:     -$6.82

                Final Cost:       $126.26

Remember this order also incluced six boxes of pens and three sets of highlighters!

1 comment: